Are you, like me, excitedly waiting for your January beauty box to arrive, even though you’re still oohing and aahing over your December box? The GlamourBox January box is due to be sent out by January 15th, and I Just. Can’t. Wait.
And you know how I spent my last few days counting down to January 15? Thinking about the February box. (Crazy huh?) I thought of what beauty products I wanted to get for February. Now, I don’t normally celebrate the month of love, but it seemed like a good excuse as any to get all dolled up. So, presenting: a wishlist, and if any of them do become part of the February box – thank you (to GlamourBox) and you’re welcome (to all recipients of the box).
My GlamourBox wishlist for February
1. On a normal day, I don’t have painted nails, though sometimes I do indulge and get a gel polish pedicure from Tips n Toes which really lasts weeks. I don’t get a regular manicure because I tend to ruin them even before I’m out of the nail salon. But for those looking forward to a big date on February 14, this might be for you. My pick: Zoya Nail Polish in Blaze:
Zoya Nail Polish in Blaze can be best described as a full coverage, cool-toned medium mulberry red with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter. The multidimensional holographic glitter adds complexity and depth to this vampy red. (Source; also check out a review from Temptalia)
Another great shade – and forgive me for being literal – is Valentina:
Zoya Nail Polish in Valentina can be best described as: Bright metallic Venetian red with smooth pink and gold metallic shimmer. A head-turning Valentine’s Day red that’s romantic all year round. (Source)
Alternative: gift certificates for nail services in one of the local salons
2. A lip and cheek stain to give the face an alluring flush of color. This has become a staple in my beauty kit: a pot of mineral blush and either a lipstick or a lip gloss/stain. For tiny date purses, a two-in-one product would be perfect. My pick: Delizioso Skincare Highly Pigmented Lip & Cheek Color:
100% Natural super pigmented lip & cheek colors. These wearable beautiful colors made with Organic fruit oil, and an SPF of 15 will bring out the natural color in your lips and cheeks. The perfect addition to your makeup collection. Always free of synthetic additives and preservatives. (Source)
Alternate product: Vapour Organic Beauty Multi-Use Blush Classic:
Aura Multi-Use Blush—Classic gives a natural flush of color. These universally-flattering core colors work on all skin tones and all ages. Give the Vapour glow to cheeks, lips and eyes with one convenient stick. Aura blends like a dream for a polished look in seconds. No wonder Aura is the darling of top beauty editors everywhere! Vapour Aura Multi-Use Blush is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% mineral pigments & vitamins. Nourishes with Vapour’s face specific infusion of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi and moisturizing & calming Lotus Flowers. (Source)
3. A spritz of perfume for a lingering, but not overpowering scent; a fragrant expression of one’s beauty. I like clean as well as floral scents, as they’re not too complex or cloying. For a special night out, though, a step up from my everyday scent choice mixes things up a bit. My pick: Lancôme La Vie Est Belle:
“La vie est belle”, a French expression meaning “Life is beautiful”; the manifesto of a new era. Universal yet personal, Lancôme’s femininity is a choice embraced by women, not an imposed standard. The choice to live one’s life and fill it with beauty. Your own way.
La vie est belle introduces a new olfactive story, the first ever iris gourmand. The juice is made with the most precious natural ingredients, a modern interpretation of an oriental fragrance with a twist of gourmand. It entwines the elegance of iris with the strength of Patchouli and the sweetness of a gourmand blend; for an incredible scent with depth and complexity. (Source)
4. For those staying in with their special someone, set the mood with some candles. I love room fragrances, whether it be scented candles, reed diffusers, room sprays, or oil burners. My pick: Amber Lights Laguna Soya Candle in Vanilla:
Vanilla Heaven-The scent of vanilla is a classic and a favorite choice. This is our most popular product and is recommended for use the whole year round. Vanilla’s sweet scent brings good vibes and sets the mood to any room. (Source)
5. Okay, I will be selfish and wish for Benefit Cosmetics’ new product, because really, who doesn’t like Benefit Cosmetics and three-in-one products?
Fine-one-one to the rescue! This sheer brightening cheek & lip color gives your look instant LIFT, SHAPE and POP. Glide on the three shades—pink champagne, sheer watermelon and soft coral—for a sheer coral pink flush that builds from soft & natural to bright & cheery. (Source)
What about you? What’s on your wishlist? Feel free to share your wishlist in the comments below!