It’s finally here!
The theme for this month is Beauty Resolutions, and the items are discoveries from premium and niche brands – no big-name products here, though Kanebo and Nippon are familiar. It’s very much true to the basic nature of beauty boxes: finding and trying out new brands, going out of one’s beauty comfort zone.
Here are the contents:
1. EmerginC Hyper Vitalizer Cream (2 samples; full size 50ml worth PHP3,650): this rich, nourishing, hydrating cream combines the super-potent “master antioxidant” alpha-lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10 and lutein. Together, they work to fight free-radical damage, provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, act as a cellular energizer, hydrate the skin, and improve tone and texture. This is compatible with all skin types and can be used day and night.
I love Vitamin C-based products and am looking forward to using this.
2. Aqua Mineral Contura Eye Cream (1 sample; full size 30ml worth P3,300) and Juveness De-Wrinkle Cream (1 sample; full size 50ml worth PHP5,000): formulated with Renovage™ (patented), grape seed, canola, olive oils, shea butter, chamomile extract, aloe vera, rose hip oil, Dead Sea minerals, and omega-rich borage oil, this extraordinary cream dramatically improves the look of delicate skin around the eyes. The de-wrinkle cream on the other hand instantly improves the appearance of the delicate skin around the eyes and on the forehead, containing ingredients as Renovage™ (patented), avocado oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, green tea extract, collagen and Dead Sea black mud.
Interesting claim! Lately I’ve become conscious of wrinkles on my eyes and forehead so this comes at a great time.
3. LA Splash Enlightened Creamy Shadow Base (full size 5g worth PHP400): this product can be worn alone or with the brand’s pressed shadows. As an alternative, one review suggests using it as a face highlighter. The shade is suitable for most skin tones.
4. Kanebo Freshel Mineral BB Cream Moist (1 sample; full size 50g worth PHP960): a moisturizing mineral BB cream that spreads well and is absorbed by the skin to create a natural and beautiful finish. It has double collagen and hyaluronic acid as moisturizers, prunus domestica fruit extract as keratin softener, macadamia nut and jojoba oil.
I have mostly unsuccessful results with BB creams. Some seem to clog my pores, others don’t match my skintone, and others just seem to highlight oiliness and imperfections. So I will be interested to see how this one fares.
5. Kji & Co Lip Staysss (full size 2g worth PHP410): the company specializes in semi-permanent color cosmetics – which helps me understand the extra “s”s in Lip Staysss! It is a lip balm and lip plumping product in one, and stays up to 4 hours with “continuous bursts of colors with moisturizing properties”. The shade is Seductress, which is a fuschia-pink to me.
Well, challenge accepted! Will be road testing this one and see if it does not budge for 4 hours.
6. Nippon Esthetic Solutions Wedge Sponges (full size 62 pieces worth PHP460): These ergonomic wedge shape sponges are the best companion of a makeup artist/student/enthusiast. The wedge shape allows coverage in hard to reach areas for even application.
My overall impression is that this box is different in a good sort of way. November and January had popular brands like Benefit, VMV Hypoallergenics, and Obagi – which are great, as you get to try their products at a fraction of a cost. But a departure from the mainstream is certainly welcome as well. The start of the year is symbolic of a fresh start (“out with the old, in with the new” as the included card says), and that’s very much true of this month’s box.
Have you received your box? Let me know what you think of it!