“Makeup your own rules.”
I’ve liked Stila for quite some time now. I’ve tried a number of their products and have always been satisfied with their quality and performance. And I have a good feeling I’ll like the new product that’s part of their Spring 2013 Collection: the Stila Color Balm Lipsticks.
A modern take on traditional lipstick, this creamy lip color provides the full pigment load of a lipstick, yet delivers the nourishing properties of a balm.
Features & Benefits:
- Luxuriously creamy and hydrating formula with excellent phytoderived emollient properties
- Certified organic sunflower based polyglycerides hydrates and smooth lip contours, while adding volume and definition
- Naturally cooling peppermint oil is an emollient-rich botanical that provides excellent antiseptic and astringent benefits with a refreshing tingle that both soothes and stimulates irritated lips
- Knocked-out Stila logo on cap, color-matched to the shade within for easy at-shelf navigation
- A handy mirror on top of the cap for easy application on-the-go
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera ), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Menthoxypropanediol, Vanillin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (42090).
Looking at swatches posted online, they appear to be very, very pigmented – in fact some reviewers commented that they were surprised that a balm could have that much color payoff. There’s also good feedback on its moisturizing properties, which is good for me as my lips tend to chap with some lipsticks. Note that these have peppermint oil which some might not necessarily like. They’re priced at $22 (not sure if they’re available yet in the Stila counters locally), not the most affordable considering there are a lot more inexpensive lipsticks out there.
What do you think of Stila’s new balm lipsticks? Feel free to share in the comments below!