This is the first award that my blog has won. I’ve been blogging for two months, quite a short time really, so as Erin put it:
“Being new to this whole blogging thing and trying to learn all I can from other bloggers, the encouragement is greatly appreciated and surprising actually.”
Passing on the description/instructions for the award…
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Nominees of the Liebster Award must:
- Post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for them.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 blogs of 200 followers or less and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
11 things about myself:
- I’m quite small, 5’0″. I don’t mind in general though sometimes I wish I would be described as “statuesque”, lol.
- I would love to visit Italy’s countryside with my husband very, very soon.
- I hate looking like I’m wearing makeup; I believe makeup, when worn, should make you look your natural best, not your madeup best.
- I am a homebody. I like the “boring” stuff: reading, watching movies/TV, cooking, spending time at home with my family.
- I love the smell of fresh-cut grass.
- My celebrity chef favorites are Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, and Martha Stewart.
- I once ruined a pot when I tried to make simple syrup with sugar and water. I left it on the oventop and nearly forgot about it until I smelled the horrible smell of burnt sugar. And burnt pot.
- I kept every single love letter my husband gave to me.
- I have a bad habit of buying makeup and not finishing/emptying it completely. To make up for it (pun intended), I give away makeup to my friends and relatives.
- Although I love the color lavender in general, my choice is black for clothing.
- I am a firm believer of working hard to get something you want, not just “willing it to happen”.
My answers to Erin:
- What is your favorite food to cook? A simple pasta! I could live on spaghetti noodles tossed with garlic, olive oil, chili flakes and tuna.
- What is your favorite food to eat? See above! I like cooking for myself.
- What was your favorite childhood book? Alice in Wonderland. I had a book that had the best visualization of Alice’s imaginary world. I’m a realist now, but back when I was younger, I fantasized about visiting Wonderland.
- Why did you start your blog? It was basically, to put my thoughts down in writing. I thought of starting a journal (I was a regular diary-writer when I was younger) but eventually decided to start a blog instead. But I’m considering starting a diary for my daughter.
- How do you decide what to cook? Mostly it depends on what’s available in the fridge and pantry!
- How often do you go to the grocery store? Once a week, on the weekends, with my husband and daughter.
- What is your biggest dream? To have peace of mind.
- Recipes or no recipes? Both. I start with a recipe then wing it.
- What your favorite color? Lavender!
- What do you hope comes out of your blogging? I hope that at least one person finds my ramblings sensible. I hope that I have the perseverance to write one post a (week)day.
- What is your favorite Holiday? Christmas, hands down.
That said, here are my nominations for The Liebster Award! Congratulations and keep blogging!
And here are my 11 questions for you:
- What’s the most memorable meal you’ve ever had?
- What is your favorite time of the day?
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s your “high” (best moment) for today?
- How do you relax and unwind?
- Where in the world would you go if you could go there for free?
- In relation to #6, who would you take with you?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- What makes you happy?
- What song makes you want to sing it at the top of your lungs?
- Why did you start a blog?