Thought I’d do a random post about the contents of my makeup kit. I like reading similar posts, where other people talk about their makeup or skincare routine, what’s their current favorite beauty products, and so on. So here’s my contribution.
I usually go for the no-makeup look, though once in awhile I like to indulge myself and look nicer than usual. This week though, with being swamped with work and non-work matters, I had to keep my makeup routine simple.
- Kanebo Freshel Moist Lift Mineral BB Cream: I start with this bb cream that’s creamy but doesn’t make my oily skin even more oily. I recently reviewed this and I can’t emphasize how much I love it.
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF15 in Natural Beige: I use a light dusting of this powder to set the bb cream, which works to keep the oilies at bay. I use the mini kabuki brush (second to the right). On the weekends if I like to just even out my skin and control oil, I use this by itself.
- Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer in 04 Light: this is just perfect for making your eyes (and by extension, your whole face) look bright and refreshed. Like you had a good night’s sleep! It’s funny because people comment that I look tired/stressed out when I forget to apply this. So it’s now part of my regular makeup routine.
- Everyday Minerals blush in Nick Nack: I love mineral blushes. They’re so natural-looking and super blendable. Nick Nack is a matte, light warm peach with yellow undertones, which is perfect for me. It just gives me a healthy dose of color. Unfortunately this shade has been discontinued.
- The Face Shop Design My Brows in Dark Brown: the newest addition to my makeup kit, this one really does a great job of pulling your look together. I’ve only recently realized how well-made brows can further improve how you look. One end has a slanted pencil tip to fill in sparse spots, while the other is a stiff brush to comb your brows into place.
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara: I have a number of recently-acquired mascaras, this one goes into the kit this week. I got this from the December Glamourbox and it really does lengthen and separate your lashes. The curling effect is minor on my lashes, but I don’t mind that at all.
- Love & Beauty by Forever 21 Tinted Lip Balm: I don’t normally go into a Forever 21 shop looking for cosmetics, but as I was at the checkout counter I noticed this lip balm. I forgot the shade but it’s a rose red that looks a little intimidating in the pot, but when applied it’s actually quite wearable and natural! There’s a tiny bit of sheen too. I like that it has jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, sesame seed, and wheat germ oils as well as shea butter and rosa canina (dog flower) extracts.
There you go! Oh and the makeup bag is a freebie from Shu Uemura.
What’s in your makeup kit this week? Looking forward to hearing from you!