“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
I want to give a big thank you to Dandelion Whiskers who nominated me for these three awards. If you don’t follow her yet, make sure you do. Over at her blog, she shares her enthusiasm for makeup, beauty, and skincare. Oh and she’s also an artist – go check out her paintings!
Recognition for good work is important for a blogger, more so for newbies like me. The fact that it came on a not-so-good Monday made the day immensely better. The fact that it coincides with the 2013 Academy Awards made me want to write up an acceptance speech.
Wow, I can’t believe I’m standing here in front of Meryl Streep and Daniel Day Lewis. I’m not worthy. Oh hello Hugh Jackman. Anyway. I want to congratulate and thank my fellow nominees – the work that you do serves as my inspiration and my challenge to do better. I want to thank the followers and the commenters of my blog, as every notification of a ‘like’, a ‘follow’, or a ‘comment’ gives me joy. I want to thank my daughter for keeping me on my toes when it comes to discovering new, healthy food that she will eat. And lastly, I want to thank my husband who supports my interests and hobbies a hundred percent. Thank you, and God bless!
And the Worst Acceptance Speech goes to…
Alright, let’s get on with it. Here are the mechanics:
The Rules for accepting the Award(s):
1. Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven things about myself:
- I once killed a cactus due to neglect. Yes. A cactus.
- I’m not a pet person. I dunno why, but I never felt any affinity towards any of the pets my family owned.
- My first horrible experience with concealer was wearing too much of it and a guy in college commented, “What’s that under your eyes?” I rushed to the bathroom and was horrified to see obvious concealer marks. I had been wary of looking made up since then.
- I can’t swim.
- I can’t bike.
- I’m quite the serious person in real life. That seems to be the first impression I give people, and they’re often surprised to find that I have a sense of humor.
- I love to travel. In my plans for the near future: Japan, Europe, Maldives.
And here are the 15 bloggers I nominate for the same three awards. Congrats to you all!