It’s that time of the month again!
It’s probably obvious by now that I look forward to receiving my Glamourbox for the month. I’ve been a loyal subscriber since their launch in November 2012. This is their fifth box, and while I wasn’t as giddy with the February 2013 box as the previous ones, I still am in general pleased with their choice and the quality of the products that go into each month’s box.
This month is no exception. The products have been selected to celebrate being a woman. March is International Women’s Month; and I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence, but the products have also been sourced from all over the globe.
Here’s a rundown of each item:
1. EYE OF HORUS Natural Smokey Eye Pencil (full size, PHP960): get that exotic kohl effect with this lusciously easy-to-apply eye pencil. Its unique formulation of Jojoba Wax & Mango Oil is 100% waterproof and glides on without tearing to give you an amazing goddess look.
Ahh, I already have this! In fact I’ve already done a review early this year of this as well as the other eye pencil shades from the same brand.
2. PEVONIA Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser (sample size 5ml/PHP98; full size 150ml/PHP2,950): this gentle cleanser exfoliates dead cells & deep cleanses to refine the skin’s texture. It prevents clogged pores & blackhead formation, leaving it soft, smooth, clean & bright.
It’s very timely that I got this cleanser this month because I’m looking for something to help retexturize my skin, which seems to be rough and splotchy as of late. (I must have overdone it with my clay and sheet masks…) I have not had much luck with exfoliating cleansers in the past, as no matter how gentle they claim to be, they end up irritating my skin and causing breakouts. We’ll see how this one works out (though if it does, I wonder if I could justify the high price tag…?).
3. AVON Skin So Soft Glutathione Whitening Renewal Hand & Body Lotion (2 x 50ml samples/PHP140; full size 250ml/PHP350): this whitening lotion lightens dark spots caused by aging and keeps dull skin at bay for fairer, glowing skin. See results in just a few days!
Another perfectly-timed product, as I’ll be going out of town next week on a swimming trip. I tan very, very, easily, so I’m planning to bring this along as an after-sun lotion. (Is that the right term, after-sun?) It smells good, quite runny (and thus spreadable), and leaves no whitish cast or greasiness on the skin. It promises results in a few days, so will have to monitor that.
4. HEYNATURE BB Creams (1 sachet each of Black Diamond – Moist Tightening, Pearl Label – Brightening, Brown Jade – Most Moisture, and Silver Crystal – Aqua Blast; full size 40g/PHP1,300): Combining authentic oriental ingredients & advanced dermatological formula, Heynature selects the finest natural ingredients to develop a distinctive BB Cream series that guarantees nourishment to the skin for a flawless finish.
HEYNATURE Aqua Brightening Gel (1 sachet; full size 80g/PHP1,750): this moisturizing gel transforms into pearl-like water droplets upon massaging the skin. It helps boost up skin hydration level & effectively soothes the skin, resulting in full elasticity with a luminous glow.
I’ve never heard of this brand before to be honest, but they do have an intriguing set of BB creams. Each sachet has a different problem target and, consequently, ingredients, and so it would be interesting to see which one works best on my skin. I haven’t done a swatch test yet as I’m reserving them for my trip next week as well. If you’re interested, check out the Heynature page for more info on the products.
5. YVES SAINTLAURENT Saharienne (sample 1.5ml/PHP86; full size 75ml/PHP4,300): a pure object of desire, Saharienne is the first fresh water splash fragrance ever created by the House of YSL. Its fusion of sparkling, mineral and solar flower notes is an uncommon concentrate of daring and sunshine, the hottest of cool waters.
RALPH LAUREN Big Pony 1 (sample 1.5ml/PHP86; full size 75ml/PHP4,300): confident and fearless, the sporty woman is ready to take on the world. This floral citrus scent features Grapefruit & Blue Lotus for a fragrance that evokes confidence and energy while awakening the senses.
Wow, two fragrance samples with different profiles. I’ll reserve full judgement until I try them out a bit more, but my initial thoughts are: 1) Saharienne starts of wonderfully light, though I’m wary of its spicy finish – it’s certainly different from what I would normally prefer, as the scent almost becomes masculine; 2) Big Pony is refreshingly citrus without turning sour, remaining decidedly feminine with its floral notes. Both are perfect for summer and, in general, the tropical weather.
There are also 2 vouchers included, one for a 10% discount on a Travalo product (which I will probably not use), and a PHP2,000 off on a SureSlim Weightloss Program enrollment (which I may or may not use).
Overall thoughts: this box is a winner. I paid PHP595 for the box but the total cost of the items is PHP1,370 – more than twice what I paid for. I’m excited to try most of the items, except for the eye pencil which I’ll be giving away simply because I already have it. This box contains a combination of new and not-so-new brands, and products that I’m looking forward to trying (and I will be roadtesting them next week). Keep up the good job, Glamourbox ladies!
What are your thoughts on the Glamourbox March 2013 box? I’d love to hear from you!