Glamourbox’s April 2013 box is all about Green Beauty, featuring eco-friendly and natural products. I like being eco-conscious when it comes to my skincare and cosmetics choices, though I have yet to find a natural shampoo and conditioner that works for me. This box is perfect for ladies who are similarly inclined towards a more “eco” living or those who want to switch to that lifestyle.
1. PIXI Tinted Brilliance Balm Magic Tink Tint (full size 10z/PHP735): think happy thoughts as this subtly blooming, super-nourishing gel crayon tints your lips in true Tinkerbell style. With shea butter & lip-plumping hyaluronic acid, it will keep your lips in optimum condition.
I was afraid of this crayon at first because it looks a light, almost baby pink – surely my dark, very pigmented lips will not like this? But upon application all doubts faded away as it magically turned into a sheer rosy red on my lips. There is something whimsical about using a pink crayon to draw over your lips and it producing a shade uniquely my own. It reminded me of the Kji & Co Lip Stayss, but this one is a more manageable red. I did notice though that my lips tended to chap after using it, so I do need to exfoliate and apply my Carmex Lip Balm at the end of the day after using this.
2. MOX BOTANICALS Lip Butter in Coconut Almondine (0.1oz/PHP370; full size 0.2oz/PHP740): made with 100% natural ingredients, Mox Botanicals lip butters incorporate the benefits of shea and avocado butter with Jojoba and Meadowfoam Seed Oil to create a luxurious lip experience.
Hmm, another lip product in the box? And after getting the Carmex lip balm two months back? At the moment I’m not in need of another clear lip balm so this is probably not going to be used just yet.
3. MIR & RYVI Tomato Soap (sample size; full size 140g/PHP250): made from organic tomato extracts, this soap combats excess oil produced by the skin. It also gives you a pinkish glow after long-term use due to lycopene.
I haven’t used a facial soap bar in a long while so I’m curious about how effective this one is. I know tomatoes are good for your health but it’s a pleasant surprise to note that they’re good for acne, too!
4. MIR & RYVI Soap Flakes (full size 250ml/PHP450): soap flakes are perfect for jetsetters and adventurers! Travel to places and conveniently bring this organic soap anywhere.
More soap… I’ve amassed quite a collection of soaps in the last few months, so I better stop purchasing new ones. I used to have the laundry soap flakes from Messy Bessy which can be used to gently clean babies’ clothes. This Mir & Ryvi one though is for bath use. I like the clean scent of it and its no-nonsense, see-through container. I hope they come in other scents, too.
5. HOLLYWOOD STYLE Light Summer Lotion (full size 275ml/PHP195): replenish skin with an instant burst of hydration! This 100% oil-free lotion is made with cucumber, aloe vera, Vitamin E and natural sunscreen ingredients for a cool & fresh daily summertime protection.
This lotion really does smell and feel perfect for summer: it’s so lightweight, fast-absorbing, and leaves a refreshing aloe-cucumber scent. I don’t know what it is about cucumber; I don’t like to eat it but I love to slather it on in lotion form.
6. REGATTA LEISURE for Men and Women (full size 50ml/PHP395): get a whiff of that dreamy place under the sizzling sun and cool blue water! Leisure for Women has a light and fresh fragrance of rose, musk, peony, and patchouli perfect for everyday summer wear. Leisure for Men has varying top, middle, and bottom notes of lemon, ginger, apple, sandalwood, amber and musk for the man of outdoors and great adventures.
Perfect summer scents, these can be used as a daily scent. I might buy the full size of Leisure for Men for my husband.
Overall, I love the collection, and of all the items in the box, I would have to say the Pixi Magic Tink Lip Tint is the winner, though I’m excited to try all of them.
Have you received the Glamourbox April 2013 box? Share your thoughts below!